Then the other day I saw these beautiful smiling faces on an advertisement for a Turkey Trot and I thought......if I did a turkey trot 5K I could eat more and not feel so guilty and since I'm not going anywhere for Thanksgiving this year....well I talked myself into it. Then I remembered Football Fan's virtual 5K and had an even better idea......if I can con people into doing this with me.......I might actually do it! even better.
So Football Fan and I are putting on a virtual 5K Turkey Trot and if you want to participate, here's what you do:
- Run, walk or trot a 5K between November 28 and December 1, 2013. You can use an organized race or you can just grab some friends and family and jet off
into the sunseta 5K.
- Take an awesome picture of your adventure and write down a few words you can tell us why you wanted to run, what you had for dinner, who went with you -- anything you want!
- [Bloggers]Come back to Football Fan's and/or my blog, grab the button code, link up and tell us about your trot (and a picture of your dinner for my benefit would be greatly appreciated). The link up will be posted on Monday, December 2.
- [Non-bloggers] Email Football Fan and/or me (email@example.com) your picture and words and we'll make sure you get credit for your dedication! Please email them to us no later than Sunday, December 1, so we can include them with the link up.
- Make this super cute Turkey Trot button for you to link up to us with. Link up on Monday, December 2.
- If we have people from 10 different states join (and report back to us) our challenge, we will make a generous donation to the Salvation Army or Toys for Tots