Well I wanted to link up today....ya know go back to this blogging thing in full force....BBBUUUUUTTTTTT it seems that this link up is no longer. I'm getting old. I've been gone too long. Who knows, but since its my blog and I'll do what I want, I will pretend there is still a link up and I'm linking....I'm linking....I'm linking.
My new house has a backyard that looks like this.
Well, that's a bummer.
So before the papers were even signed, I was pinning away.
This is what it should resemble when I someone I hire gets done with it! Landscaping just really isn't my forte. And of course mine will be a scaled down version of this because I'm a cheapskate.
But my plans do include splurging for the hot tub.
My dog, Tylie is one of a kind. She is loved by all and loves most. Soon after we moved to Oklahoma, I found myself being introduced as Tylie's mom.....more than once. She helped me meet some of the best friends a girl could ask for. AND she buys me presents! Because she is quite generous with her presents, she had to get a paper route.
When I crossed off 30 lbs (forever) she thought I deserved a new pair of boots. She got them on sale and did a fine job picking them out. I love them and they glean complements every where we go.
And then I got super crazy and bought some jeggins to go with them...you know those leggins that look like tights. This fashionista never thought she would own much less wear jeggins....they don't even have real pockets!
A day late and a dollar short......this seems to be me lately. I used to never hardly ever be late. Now its a miracle if I even show up it seems. So while this post is slightly after the end of the first quarter of 2014......its here, so I'm counting it as "on time".
1. Meet a yearly savings goal Thanks to selling my house and managing not to spend it all, I've hit this goal. Since I'm not sure that this really counts, I'll keep working on the savings part. But since I like to mark things off a list even more, I'm counting it as complete.
5. "Pay for" season snowboarding pass Thanks to a day at Winter Park with a window price of $119 bucks for an adult lift ticket, this one seems so easy now. And I've still got one day of spring boarding planned next weekend!
and steady wins the race. While when I initially started this weight loss journey, I thought that 30 lbs would put me at my goal weight. As I approached 30 lbs, I realized that I'd really like to lose at least 10 more. I am trying some
new programs, joined a challenge group that is full of motivating ladies
and as always trying to straighten out my diet.Maintaining weight loss at my goal weight is going to be an interesting challenge for me.
6C. Finish TurboFire Chalean Extreme
I finished Chalean ExtremeII and although I'm not going to win any of her contests for the Transformation Tuesday. I'm happy with my results. I'm happy with the direction it got me headed and I'm excited to continue doing awesome and fun things now that my body can better keep up with my sense of adventure.
6D. Brice Canyon
6E. Zion National Park
6F. Territorial Prison Museum
6G. Finish my will
6H. Have outdoor Christmas lights 6I. Go night snowboarding Ultimate fail, a second snowboarding season has passed and I didn't get this done. Maybe night snowboarding just isn't for me.
6J. Glow-in-the-dark golf tournament
6K. Take a Spanish class
7. 12 months, 12 massages I might have to make these up later in the year......I'm a bit behind. No more "once a month" goals for this girl!
8. Only go to Wal-Mart once a month I really have no idea how many times I've been to Wal-Mart since the beginning of the year. What I do know is that is isn't very many because I went today and thought I was going to die it was so annoying!
9. Instagram Photo Challange (copying Football Fan once again) Let's just say never, ever am I ever going to make a goal that requires me to do something each month because, well lets just be honest. I'm not good at those goals...too much commitment? maybe? yes, it just doesn't work for me. I'm not positive these can be salvaged, if I can even attempt to make them look like they are accomplished. You win some, you lose some. and this one is definitely a LOSE!
10. Sell my house I sold it and I accidentally bought a new one. What an experience and I'm glad to be in a smaller house that I really think will fit my style a bit better. One more yard project then no Tim the ToolMan for a while!
I bought a house! AND I'll be waiting at least a week before I start moving my Tylie's junk. I'm more excited about this house than my last one. Although there won't be any exciting, earth shattering room makeovers....I can move in....and sit on the couch!
There will be a pretty substantial backyard makeover this summer. I'm dreaming of a hot tub....stay tuned to see if my logical personality squashes that one!
And I think the Almost Gypsy Soul is
becoming a fisherman, ere, woman too, now that we finally figured out
how to catch fish. Now if I can learn to take a decent "Look at my awesome fish" picture!
I think you can see where I am going with this, Fish
Themed Music, YAY! It’s about that time, spring is here, so there will
most assuredly be more snow at some point, but, there are also, “nice”
days where fishing, golfing and whatever can also be enjoyed. I may or may not have caught all of these fish....you will never know the truth!
is your April/Fishing playlist:
Bait a Hook, Justin Moore
I’m Gonna Miss Her, Brad Paisley
Fishin’ in the Dark, Nitty Gritty Dirt Band
Fish, Craig Campbell
Beer, Bait and Ammo, Kevin Fowler
Now go catch some fish! Or at least enjoy the water, a fishing pole, a good book and an adult beverage.