jel-uh-see

Jealousy is something that I never want to feel of others. I mean sure its there, the small things like I wish I had that snowboard or I wish I could wear those super cute tights and make them look good, but I honestly never, ever want to be so jealous of someone that it makes me miserable. So miserable that I can't see the world really turning outside my head and what I think I know. We know that if we are that miserable with ourselves and our feelings of jealousy....we are bound to be making those around us miserable too. We've all been there at one time or another....the jelouslee and the jealousor and neither one is a fun role to play.


Jealously can feel like a lot of different things...it can look like a lot of different things. It looks ridiculous, it looks like low self esteem, if feels like inadequacy, it looks like anger, it feels like humiliation, it feels like high school.  and its a vicious cycle that is tough to break.

And when someone is jealous of you? How do you act? What do you say? How do you make yourself appear less threatening?

I've decided there is only so much I can do. I'm going to work on me, being the best me that I can be is important, physically, emotionally and mentally. If that requires me to do some housecleaning friends cleaning then so be it. I'm going to be thankful for what/who I have. I'm going to do what is best for me, while not pushing others down. I'm going to lift others up. I'm going to work on my self esteem, being confident and maybe, just maybe I'll wear those super cute tights too. I'm going to work on getting rid of any jealousy that I may have, no matter how big or small and hope that throwing out jealousy will be more powerful that jealousy itself.....maybe getting rid of jealousy will take hold and be contagious to all those around us.



The pathway to happiness is not paved in jealousy.

Comments

  1. I think this is one of those things that you have to keep working on all the time.....at least I do! Good for you to having such a good attitude!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Oh How Pinteresting - yard ideas

Painting with a twist

it's a wrap: 2016 goals