The barn by bryan [October 2013]

…”Let’s play a game”
…”In the end all things become one and a river runs through it”
“If the nachos are all stuck together, its one nacho”
“You called down the thunder, well here I am…”
…”I’d rather drink turpentine and piss on a brush fire…” 

Movie quotes are fun! You know what else is fun? Guessing what a song is by just a line or two. So, that’s what we’re gonna do. I’ll give you a line from a song that is featured in this month’s Almost Gypsy Soul and put the name of it the comments. I’m not sure how this is gonna work with the format of the music player, guess I’ll just have to do this on the honor system, so don’t cheat. Oh, and as a bonus, tell me what those movie quotes are from. There might be a prize for the winner.
And… here we go! 

1. “Can you hear the bird when it whispers? Can you feel the sun when it hides? Could you walk a mile in my footsteps?” 

2. “I play these cards that I’ve been dealt, I hold’em close against my chest ” 

3. “She was sittin at the table by a neon light, pretending everything was gonna just fine” 

4. “Barbed wire, damn tired, its time to get away. Goodbye, time to fly, I gotta hit the highway” 

5. “got a lot on your mind… but not as much as I had on mine” “but everything is nothing when necks inside the noose” 

Comments

  1. Ah! I am SO bad with songs. And, let's be honest, movies. Is the second movie quote from "A River Runs Through It"? I'm obviously guessing, but it would make sense! I hate to say I don't recognize any of those song lyrics! Now I feel lame.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my favorite thing about a new month!! I know not a single one of the movie quotes. NOT ONE. Crap-ola. But I'm in on the music.

    1. Texas Moon by Stoney LaRue (yay for some Texas Country!!)
    2. I don't know. And it's Texas Country. Shame on me.
    3. I Met Lonely Tonight - RRB
    4. One Horse Town - Jason Savery
    5. I think it's called Back Around...or Everything Comes Back Around...not sure. But it's CCR!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Oh How Pinteresting - yard ideas

WILW: laugh 'til it hurts

it's a wrap: 2016 goals