I know I shouldn't, but I am

asking why......why did another full-of-life, salt-of-the-earth, one of the REAL good guys have to leave this Earth way, way too soon. He was a friend of so many, didn't know a stranger, one would be hard pressed to remember a time where he wasn't living life to the fullest or a moment where there wasn't a smile on his face.


As I sat at my desk, trying to comprehend the news, I realize I couldn't breathe very well. It just doesn't seem real and I don't want it to be. Heaven got one of the good ones yesterday and he will be missed by so many. I don't know anyone who didn't like Joe Don.

Photos via Facebook

Rest in peace and know you are missed by so many.

When I get where I'm going On the far side of the sky The first thing that I'm gonna do Is spread my wings and fly
I'm gonna land beside a lion And run my fingers through his mane Or I might find out what it's like To ride a drop of rain
Yeah, when I get where I'm going There'll be only happy tears I will shed the sins and struggles I have carried all these years
And I'll leave my heart wide open I will love and have no fear Yeah, when I get where I'm going Don't cry for me down here
I'm gonna walk with my grand daddy And he'll match me step for step And I'll tell him how I missed him Every minute since he left Then I'll hug his neck
Yeah, when I get where I'm going There'll be only happy tears I will shed the sins and struggles I have carried all these years
And I'll leave my heart wide open I will love and have no fear Yeah, when I get where I'm going Don't cry for me down here
So much pain and so much darkness In this world we stumble through All these questions I can't answer So much work to do
But when I get where I'm going And I see my Maker's face I'll stand forever in the light Of His amazing grace
Yeah, when I get where I'm going Oh, when I get where I'm going There'll be only happy tears Hallelujah I will love and have no fear
When I get where I'm going Yeah, when I get where I'm going



Comments

  1. I don't guess I knew him (although given his love for the Penny and our mutual friends, I feel like I should have), but from everything I have seen on facebook and your sweet words above, he must have been a great guy. So sorry to all of his friends and family.

    ~Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry :( It's never easy losing someone you care about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so saddened by the loss of your friend. :( I didn't know him but I do recognize him, so I must have seen him around the Penny. His family and friends are in my prayers.

    - Amy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Oh How Pinteresting - yard ideas

WILW: laugh 'til it hurts

Painting with a twist