#15.6: Far-away friend: Jeremiah Johnson family

The Jeremiah Johnson family is awesome! Completely down to earth folks that love family, God, ranching and hunting. I met Jeremiah Johnson and family when they moved back to Colorado to take on the lower ranch and barn manager at Waunita Hot Springs Ranch. The same place where they had met a few years before that while working summers there. When I first met them they had Rankin, who was 2 at the time. He and I were instant buddies and may or may not have had ice cream every night before bed that summer. A few years later, while I was still living in Gunnison, they added little Aubrie to the family and she sure is a Daddy's girl. She wants to do everything with David!

Yet another family that took me in as one of their own. I will always treasure our friendship and to this day look forward to our visits, which are usually centered around camping and/or hunting. I try to make it down to Gunnison for elk hunting (which I have done an extremely poor job of the last few years) and they try to make it up to Wyoming for antelope hunting (still waiting on draw results for this year!) Even though I don't see them nearly as often as I'd like, they will always hold a special place in my heart. True gold, that is the Jeremiah Johnson family!


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Oh How Pinteresting - yard ideas

WILW: laugh 'til it hurts

Painting with a twist