[Linking up with Sami @ Sami's Shenanigans for Weekend Shenanigans] If you didn't read about me thinking that 30 might suck , boy oh boy was I wrong! The weekend might have started off a little rough, but even I-80 in the winter couldn't ruin our fun! A week late, but hey I warned you I might need some extra recovery time since I'm 30, not to mention I had lots of people waiting on little ole' me to return and get to work for them! OKTrailerPark Friend and Mr. OKTrailerPark Friend (he might be getting his own name since I know him better now, we will see) were on their way to Wyoming when BAM, I-80 is closed from Cheyenne to Laramie. For anyone who lives in Wyoming or has been to Wyoming in the winter is not at all shocked by this. So they got one of the few hotel rooms left in Cheyenne, dropped a few bills at the western store and had a "down home" breakfast before heading on west the next day. Meanwhile, the rest of us, Little Sister, Little S...
I've seen several of my friends post pictures from their adventures of painting at various bachelorette parties and bridal showers. I was amazed that I don't have one single friend who isn't an accomplished artist! When Colorado Transplant Friend told me about the Arts Council's plan to bring Painting with a Twist to Green River I said to count me in! They chose Starry Tree for our masterpiece. When i showed up I was very disappointed to see a blank canvas staring back at me......and I mean blank! What the crap?! Where is my paint by number.....mine will never look like the "example" Here you can see the progression of my masterpiece....I think the most important thing is to finish the step and then put down the paint brush....anything I tried to "fix" yeah, that wasn't a good idea! On the left is the "professional painting" on the right is "the most professional painting" (that is mine in case you are confuse...
I've wanted to get back to blogging, but every time I open it up, all I see is a giant list of posts that I haven't completed or published. So in effort to get back to writing without overwheming myself, you're getting the closet clean-out of 2019. All the awesome things that I was able to do, but never got around to writing about, but are still awesome and deserve a shout out on Almost Gypsy Soul. Hawaii Longtime friends invited me on their family graduation trip to Waikiki, Hawaii in January. Rankin was graduating from college in May and had signed to join the Marines. Ever since he was a little boy, he had wanted to visit Pearl Harbor and so we did. The trip was a wonderful time to catch up with 4 people that I love dearly and to see a part of Hawaii I'd never been to. Highlights of the trip for me were the Polynesian Cultural Center, Dole Plantation, Pearl Harbor and of course the beach and seafood. Texas I know I said I'd dedicate an entire post to my...
Now that's funny!!... and true
ReplyDeleteClassic. Some things are not just a fad - they're never goin' out of style!
ReplyDeleteHilarious!
ReplyDelete