Soul Food Friday [September 2013] 3 year anniversary

Yes, you read that correctly....the single girl has a 3 year anniversary. Where's my cake?

And this anniversary feeds my soul. Grab the button (its at the bottom of my page), link-up and let us know what feeds your soul.


Tomorrow, September 28, marks the 3 years since I made the decision to become a Be The Match registry member. The registry is a connection resource to match donors with people with life-threatening blood cancers like leukemia and lymphoma.

Assistant Pack Leader beat the hell out of Hodgkin's Lymphoma, a blood cancer and has been clear for just over 3 years now. While she was fighting, it made me realize how precious life is and how lucky I am to be in a position to help others. When they started talking bone marrow transplants for her, I knew I'd be the first to sign up to be tested for a match. The Drs. ended up using a procedure that utilized her own marrow, but I decided that I would sign up for the National Registry, you just never know when someone else might not be so lucky and need an outside donor.


Not much has changed since my last update on my membership to Be The Match. If I am called to donate marrow, I'll be scared, I'll be worried, but I could also save someone's life. And that's pretty darn cool!

Take some time to visit the Be The Match website and make an informed decision if being a member of the registry is the right decision for you. Who knows, I might become cool by association, if your donation saves someone's life!


The fact that I am healthy enough to sign up to support organizations and causes like Be The Match feeds my soul (cake feeds my soul too!)

Comments

  1. I'm signed up too! It would be scary and painful, but man, I really hope that they call me one day!!

    ~Tiffany

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Oh How Pinteresting - yard ideas

WILW: laugh 'til it hurts

Painting with a twist