#29.6: spinach & artichoke bake
Two enthusiastic thumbs up! This recipe from the Budget Savvy Diva is awesome! and easy! Comfort in a Dish is how she describes it and I couldn't agree more!
- 14 oz of Orecchiette Pasta (I don't know what that is so I just used penne)
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Cup of Chopped Onion
- 3 Cloves of Garlic ( Minced)
- 1 Cup of Sour Cream
- 4 oz of Cream Cheese ( Room Temperature)
- ¾ Cup of Parmesan Cheese
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Juice + Zest
- 10 Oz of Spinach ( Make sure to squeeze excess moisture, after it has been thawed of course)
- 13.5 Can of Artichoke Hearts rinsed and chopped
- 1 Cup of Mozzarella
- ½ Teaspoon of Salt
- 1 Teaspoon of Pepper
- Preheat Oven To 425
- Cook pasta according to the box. Keep ¼ Cup of the Pasta Water before you drain the cooked pasta.
- Heat oil in pan and cook onions for 8 – 10 minutes. Add garlic and cook for one minute.
- In a large bowl – Mix Sour Cream, Cream Cheese, Parmesan, Lemon (juice and zest), onions, and garlic. Add Pasta and mix.
- Stir in spinach, artichokes, ¼ cup of cooking liquid from the pasta, salt, pepper, and ½ Cup of Mozzarella
- Place mixture into greased 2.5 – 3 qt casserole dish and place the rest of mozzarella cheese on top
- Place in the oven till golden brown on top – about 10 – 15 minutes.