resolution-ing in 2018 [changes in latitude, changes in attitude p4.]

I really enjoyed Puerto Rico, but some of my all time favorite things from my time in Puerto Rico.

COFFEE! Puerto Rico is known for its coffee, strong and black! I loved it and had to buy another suitcase to get it all back to the States with me.


Cafe Oro, resturant, cafe and processing, Lares

Cafe Lareno, Lares

 Flowering Trees We were told that the trees were just starting to flower again in the aftermath of Hurricane Maria. I loved the beautiful vibrant colors that were everywhere you looked. The orange flowers of the Flamboyan were some of my favorite!

Flamboyan
 The farmers and Puerto Rican FSA staff. Although I struggled to communicate with a majority of the farmers that I worked with without an interpreter, I found many of them to be just like home. Salt of the Earth. They were a joy to work with and so grateful for us to be there helping them get back on their feet. This was one picture shared with me by a grower, a mango tree left in the wake of the Hurricane.

Mango Tree
Medalla. My life blood of surviving the stressful and long work hours. The coffee was fantastic, but Medalla ran a close second. Remember tap water wasn't recommended for drinking ;).

Medalla, brewed in Puerto Rico

Mofongo. The food was absolutely fantastic. How I didn't gain 50 lbs, I'm not sure. Mofongo is a dish made mostly of mashed plantains. It is usually made of  green (verde) plantains, but can be combined with yellow (amarillo) plantains and yucca (cassvana) to make trifongo. Often its served as a main dish with some sort of meat and cheese. Ah-mazing! And seafood for days!!!
Mofongo
Seafood Paella

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oh How Pinteresting - yard ideas

WILW: laugh 'til it hurts

Painting with a twist