the daddy of 'em all [12 days of summer edition 1]

 photo 3b490a76-811a-4476-a40f-9fcf86b12d2e_zpsc9b8823a.png

Since I'm from Wyoming I bet you think this post will be about Cheyenne Frontier Days, but its not. I haven't been to CFD for ages. This post is about big ole' huge mountains and crazy folks who think they should hike up them.

No, I did not take this picture
Yes boys and girls, we hiked up that big ole' mountain and I crossed off a Dirty 30 bucket list item.

We started at 6600 feet at 4:00 am, gaining 7300 vertical feet over 12.6 miles and in just 9 hours we were standing at the top.
We managed to muster up one last smile for the victory shot!
It was a brutal hike, but I had some good hiking buddies. Military Friend and her brother-in-law, Assistant Pack Leader and Spin Class Stephen and I set out on this great adventure. Check out our route!

And while I may hike another 14'er, it sure won't be this one. It was a once in a lifetime experience for me, plus I don't think my ego can handle being passed by an 80 year old man who is running up the dang thing again!
Hike a 14'er....check!

Comments

  1. This is awesome. I'm beyond impressed and fairly sure I couldn't have done it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Oh How Pinteresting - yard ideas

WILW: laugh 'til it hurts

Painting with a twist