flat stanley

Preface: I have actually considered having my own kid for the sole perk of Elf on A Shelf....then my wits came back to me and decided that maybe I should just borrow one for a few weeks of the year, might fit my current life stage better. As in better for me and WAY better for said kid.

Current: I got the following letter from Jacob in Tennessee.  
Dear Jennifer,
In school we read a book about a boy who got flattened by a bulletin board. His name was Stanley, now is Flat Stanley. He wanted to go on a trip, so his family folded him up and mailed him to California.

I am mailing my Flat Stanley to you. Please take him somewhere and write me back telling me about his adventures. if you have pictures, postcards or brochures, please send them back with him.  I will share his adventures with my classmates and this will help my classmates and I learn more about other places in the world.

Thanks for helping me with this project. I wish I could fold myself up and visit you.

Love, Jacob

WHAT! This might be better than Elf on A Shelf....or at least a tie. At the very least a tie. Yep, I'm 30....ish. So I promptly posted my picture on Facebook with Flat Stanley and started planning some activities for us. I may or may not have kept Stanley for a little longer than I was supposed to, but I sure showed him a good time! Nashville (as in TV show) concert at Deer Valley Ski Resort,




hiking in Mill Creek, Utah,

horse racing at Sweetwater Downs (my hometown), AND we won $21 bucks! Horse racing is always fun, but its super fun when you get to "cash in" tickets!

buying a new mountain bike in Wilson, WY,

golfing in Pinedale

and out to an area ranch where we did country things.

Stanley: Jen helped me write a letter back to Mrs Dial's third grade class and even printed pictures of our adventures for me to take back to Tennessee with me to tell the class about Wyoming (and Utah). I am excited to go back home and share what a wonderful state Wyoming is! I had a blast!

Comments

  1. This is awesome. What a fun project for the kids in that class! Also, as you noted, much easier than actually having a kid to participate in fun like elf on a shelf. Ha!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Oh How Pinteresting - yard ideas

WILW: laugh 'til it hurts

it's a wrap: 2016 goals