some of the best things are free [12 days of summer edition 2]

 photo 3b490a76-811a-4476-a40f-9fcf86b12d2e_zpsc9b8823a.png

"Great opportunities to help others seldom come, but small ones surround us everyday"

This quote is at the bottom of every single email I send while I'm at work. And I'm at work alot, 8, 9, 10, 12 hours a day. Yet it still escapes me how true these words ring.

A while back I posted this picture on Facebook with the title "Do something awesome....donate blood"

And there were comments about how my friends and family....MINE were still with us today, thanks to blood donation. Wow, now that'll hit ya right in the forehead.  It took an hour of my time and I saved someone's life, actually probably 3 lives. That makes me a hero to someone. And that made my day.

Please, please, please give blood donation some thought. Ask yourself if you can take an hour of your time and give life to someone else. You'll be their hero.

I was going to promise that this would be my last blood donation post, but that is probably a lie.

And see those legs in the back ground of the picture? Those belong to my friend Jake, who I met while sitting in this very chair about a year ago. We are most definitely on the same schedule because we always seem to end up in the double reds chairs together and we don't' even plan it! 

See give blood, save lives, meet friends, everybody wins!

Comments

  1. I think it's so awesome that you do this, Jen! I've gone twice (despite fainting every time they take blood) but they won't let me because I've always been out of the country within the past year. :( You inspire me though, so I'm going to keep trying!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Oh How Pinteresting - yard ideas

WILW: laugh 'til it hurts

Painting with a twist