i'm gonna miss her

I wanted a red dodge since the day I turned 16. In fact, I got one for my birthday and I believe it was of the 1/32 scale size. When I was paying for my own 2nd set of  wheels, I got an identical red dodge in life size as a junior in college.



Big Red and I put on some serious miles. We moved from Colorado to Oklahoma to Tennessee to Wyoming together. We hauled hay, we hauled horses and we hauled college kids. I love this pick-up and I wasn't sure that I could ever physically hand over the keys.

But then, along came Loretta. Loretta is a bit of an upgrade from Red and eases the pain of sending Red down the road to her new owner. Loretta is a 2011 Ford F-150 Lariat....in silver. Loretta has many fancy schmancy features that I never even knew that I needed such as a backup camera, power fold mirrors, heated/cooled seats, auto slide seats, bluetooth, dual climate control and 4 doors!



Over and above Loretta, the fact that Red is going to one of my absolute favorite families in the whole world makes it a bit easier to let her go. She will be the first vehicle for my Rankin...who used to sit on my lap and eat ice cream sandwiches before bed...and who is now taller than me.

I'm gonna miss her.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Oh How Pinteresting - yard ideas

WILW: laugh 'til it hurts

it's a wrap: 2016 goals