Disclaimer: obviously I started this somewhere around my birthday and promptly forgot it....so here it is. Better late than never.
As I pass my 32nd birthday, yes can you believe it 32 years! I can’t
help but think about all the things I don’t have or haven’t accomplished
and that’s not good. So I’m going to force myself to take a look at
what I HAVE accomplished in my 32 years…..and its going to be 32 things
I’ve accomplished in my 32 years.
1. State championship in high school track
2. Made friendships that will last forever
3. Paid off my student loans
4. Bought/sold and bought another house
5. Moved to a new state, completely on my own
6. More than doubled participation in my counties at my job – I call it my Queendom
7. Have 2 great little kids that call me Aunt
8. Traveled to places I never dreamed I would go
9. Learned to mountain bike
10. Learned to snowboard
11. Hiked Pikes Peak
12. Made unconventional friends through Adopt-a-Soldier – I still talk to 2 of my adopted soldiers on a semi-regular basis
13. Zip-lined in Hawaii even though height scare the crap out of me
14. Lost 40+ lbs
15. Coached high school basketball
16. Inspired others to pay-it-forward
17. Submitted a change suggestion to National Office that got FSA program policy rewritten
18. Kept my dog alive and well for 10 years, even through 9 puppies!
19. Received a prestigious scholarship for my undergraduate study
20. Completed my Masters at OSU
21. Published research in multiple scholastic journals as well as BEEF magazine
22. Played college basketball
23. Learned to golf
24. Have a blog that I sometimes post to
25. Learned to ski
26. Made enough furniture in high school shop to fill my house
27. Successfully grown grass from seed not once, but twice!
28. Planned a convention for approximately 90 people
29. Ran 2 half marathons
30.Worked the best summer job ever at Waunita Hot Springs Ranch (5 years)
31. Won the Army Female Athlete Award twice (with Tom, he won the male athlete)
32. Learned to like myself again!