life & mountain biking

I re-started spin classes a little over 2 years ago with no intention whatsoever to ever go biking. I used it solely as a calorie scorching workout, but then the Mountain Bikers happened. The talked me into getting on a real bike on a real(not so real hard core) mountain biking trail, which was actually a double track and not really a mountain bike trail at all.


This summer I really put some miles on the ole' Giant that I bought last year. My first mountain bike and I couldn't be happier with it.


So where am I going with all of this? I've learned a lot about myself and about life from mountain biking! Things I never though possible....are.

1. You are more capable than you think
Nothing makes you feel stronger and more alive than crushing a drop, a corner, a steep hill that you've never had enough confidence to even try. When you nail it, you nail it and you are on top of the world. Have faith, be confident.....you are capable of great things.



2. Be the best version of yourself
There will always be someone who is faster and/or better than you are on a bike. In my case that is pretty much everyone. My goal is to not be a better rider than anyone I ride with. My goal is to be a better rider than I was yesterday.


3. Know your limits
While you are more capable than you think there is always limits. Know what they are, push them, but know when to say no. Walking is ok. No one is judging you for walking that same switchback that you crushed last week.

4. God is alive
Getting out of town on some singletrack reminds me everytime how lucky we are to live in this great country and the great Creator that we serve. Only he could create the beautiful scenery seen from the saddle.

5. Have fun and live life to the fullest
Isn't that what its all about? Living, loving and having fun? Its pretty hard to not have a great day on some singletrack.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Oh How Pinteresting - yard ideas

WILW: laugh 'til it hurts

Painting with a twist