bikes, boos & booze

For some reason this year I really had the urge to get some Halloween decorations and dress up. Since I don't really have any friends to go out to the bar with and I wasn't sure what other opportunities I would have to dress up , I decided to take matters into my own hands. I bought a really giant spider,

a spider web tablecloth, a flickering orange porch light and invited some people over for a Booze and Boos Bash.


Since most of my friends ride bikes and the fall weather has been incredible....it was amended to "Bikes, Booze and Boos", luckily one of the trails at the Wilkins Peak Trail System is called "Better Than Dead"....could it fit any better? Unfortunately the weather did not fit. The wind was blowing about 40 mph and the ride was cancelled.

Pinterest helped me nail some party food and decorations.....although most would probably sufficiently serve as the "NAILED IT" variety.


My costume was a big fat question mark for a while. I mean I wanted to be a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle....with a tutu but it just didn't feel right. It felt like it was going to be a "NAILED IT" costume. Even with Pinterest, I just couldn't find anything that quite sparked my interest, so I'd settled on bringing Punky Brewster back to life from 2 years ago......until I saw the light, maybe it was that sparkling, white glow that seems to surround real brides when they put on that white dress. Well anyway, I saw it, a vision......Runaway Bride. And so I was. Fingers crossed this isn't my only chance to donn the white dress in my life, but if it is I think I did it justice.

And as the host dog of the party, a costume was required of the canine class. Since I know my dog and her pouting, guilt tripping, sad puppy dog eye ways, I went easy on her. The Blue Heeler Beanie Baby!
 Hope everyone had an awesome Halloween!

Comments

  1. Not your only chance, just a good practice run with the white dress!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Oh How Pinteresting - yard ideas

WILW: laugh 'til it hurts

Painting with a twist