the end and the beginning [12 days of summer edition 12]

It all started last year when the government shutdown for nearly 2 weeks. I would sit around watching the news all day and just get even more depressed about not being able to go to work. So I loaded up and went to Logan to hang out with Little Sister. We hiked for fall colors, we were slightly late and ended up in the snow so we decided that we would go a couple of weeks earlier this year.

So this is how we welcomed fall and said good-bye to summer. It looked like fall and felt like summer. We hiked Jardine Juniper, a 5+ mile hike to a very large juniper tree that is over 1500 years old.
A girl and her dog, on the way up


These colors make all that is wrong, right.

We made it!
Both old ladies made it to the end of the trail

Mom! Its hot out here. Are you sure it's fall?
Just a few miles left

Getting rejuvenated for the finale miles

And I saw a moose on my way home!
 Although I'm a little sad to see summer go, I just didn't get enough activities in this summer, I just love fall. Its my favorite time of year and I'm ready for it to be here!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oh How Pinteresting - yard ideas

WILW: laugh 'til it hurts

Painting with a twist