If you can pin it, you can do it!So after months and months of pinning, I admit "I have a Pinterest problem" AND I've finally started actually DOING some of the stuff that I pin.
We had junk food, games and Christmas lights for the big kids....and the little kids too! For my delicious junk food I tried out these rattlesnake bites and they get a big ole' standing ovation (and not just from me)!
And how easy are they you say? Well I'd give them a 2 - as in super easy. I'm not really into measuring things when I cook but here is the recipe I used as a guideline, hopefully I'll be able to recreate them next time.......
- 1 pound ground beef (I used breakfast sausage)
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies (I used jalapenos)
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- In a large skillet, cook beef and chilies over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the cream cheese, cumin and chili powder. Cool slightly.
- Separate crescent dough into 24 triangles. Place 1 tablespoon of beef mixture along the short end of each triangle; carefully roll up.
- Place point side down 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 11-14 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 2 dozen.
Disclaimer: This isn't a picture of my rattlesnake bites, I'm new to this blogging thing and I've already decided I'm probably not going to be the best about taking pictures....I'll try to remember....maybe buying a new camera would help?