what i'm packing for the galapagos islands

You read here what I'm packing for the first leg of our trip (Machu Picchu hike on the ancient Inca Trail), now going to the equator....still packing light. So what did I pack for spending a few days at sea?

Camelbak Ante Hydration Pack the same one going with me to Machu Picchu. Its big enough to carry my stuff in and I'll never find myself without water. No dehydration is going to slow me down!

Image result for atika women's sandals orbit

Atika Hiking sandals -  These will be good for wet and dry landings. They can go from hiking to snorkeling just like that. I don't want to be wearing any socks on this part of the trip so these should come in handy!

 

Olympus Tough 860 - waterproof to 50 feet, shock proof to 7 feet and came in a bundle with a 32 GB memory card, case and float strap. I wanted to make sure I had plenty of memory space and batteries. Since my camera and phone are both rechargable, I decided to go with an underwater digital to try to capture the best of the Galapagos Islands. 

Clothes
rash guard shirt, workout t-shirts (Under Armour), board shorts, UA zip off pants, sundress, light sweatshirt, rain jacket (Mountain Hardwear Plasmic), Farm to Feet socks, lady garments, sandals, hat, hiking shoes (Merrell), polarized sunglasses



Accessories/Electronics
headlamp, book, camera (2 handhelds and my cell phone), Ipod shuffle, collapsible water bottle, snorkel, binoculars


Toiletries
medical supplies (altitude sickness, travelers diarrhea, Advil, Imodium, mini first aid kit, 2nd skin), sunscreen, bug repellent (50% deet, Dramamine), cleansing wipes, deodorant, chap-stick, moisturizer, toilet paper, toothbrush, toothpaste, hand sanitizer, shampoo/conditioner, detangler, mascara, comb


Snacks
Clif bars, Honey Stinger energy chews, protein bars, homemade trail mix

Other
ziploc bags, passport, copies of all travel documents, small bills for tips 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oh How Pinteresting - yard ideas

WILW: laugh 'til it hurts

Painting with a twist