in 2016 i will: first quarter update
I'm glad you are here checking in on me! Making sure I'm holding up my end of the bargain here on this goal list of 2016. I'm so glad that I took this generic list and made it mine. I'm excited about what I've done and so looking forward to the creativity and freedom to make these goals all mine and making 2016 a year for the books!
1. GET A HOBBY - Let's be honest, I can't really afford many more hobbies. The upside of having alot of hobbies, there is always room to devote more time and attention to said hobbies (especially since I have several "new" hobbies, less than 3 years old. In 2016 I will:
- take 3 mountain bike trips
- take 2 golf trips
- hike the ancient Inca Trail to Machu Picchu in Peru
- stand in both the southern and northern hemispheres at the same time in Equador
- get 12 massages to maintain physical and mental health
- 4/12 - ahead of schedule....well that sure doesn't happen very often for me!
- complete the Hammer & Chisel program
- I'm a month into this program and I love it so far. Its challenging and rewarding. Its taking me about twice as long as its supposed to because I don't devote 6 days a week to the program because I spin 2x a week and usually ski 2x a week plus I need a rest day every now and again.
- get to my new goal weight
- I did it! I weigh the same as when I graduated high school and then I decided it needed to be a nice round 50 lbs.....got that too, now looking forward to having to get that new drivers license.
- take time for myself and complete 4 books with my girlfriends in the Bucketlist Book Club
- For the Love Jen Hatmaker
- plan at least one weekend getaway....key word being plan, I tend to go and plan along the way.
- Assistant Pack Leader and I have a weekend of skiing planned for Loveland coming right up. Pray for a spring powder day!
- complete at least 2 Pinterest pins
- Windmill on the wall
- find a new "Jen" song
- meet a quarterly savings goal for 4 quarters
- An extra paycheck and a tax return are tucked away, under lock and key.
- focus on being a strong supervisor and providing the training and guidance to developing new employees while maintaining to improving the service that we provide to participating customers.
- join Sweetwater Mountain Biking Association
- I went to my first meeting in January and now I'm getting involved....eeeekkkkk. I've also gotten involved with the Annual Trails Day and Trek bike raffle.
- join Co-ed volleyball team
- I played co-ed volleyball this season. While we weren't that good, we got better and we did have fun!
- make a conscious effort to schedule dates with other people at least once a month
- January: Ski Weekend at Grand Targhee with Cooper
- February: Ski Weekend at Steamboat with Sisters & Friends
- March: Lucky 7 bull sale with Jeremiah Johnson
- March 2: Zac Brown Band concert in Jackson with my Star Valley friends
- take some me time and take myself somewhere at least once a month. Don't worry, I won't tell you what I talk about with myself.
- January: Mummies of the World
- February: Frostbite 5K & How to Be Single movie
- March: Instead of a "date" this time,
ITylie bought me a Ewe-nique Wool Wreath that I've been wanting for a couple of years
- donate to a special cause and special people to help fullfill their dream
- Running Dogs Brewery
- adopt a kid from the Tree of Sharing
- adopt a senior from the Tree of Sharing
- write a blog each month about something in my life that I am grateful for.
- January: (posted in February) health
- February: employment
- March: friends
- donate to Salvation Army, Western State College Foundation, Dr. Ward's scholarship and Dave Grimes Memorial Fund.
- do what's best for me
- say NO when I need to or when I do not want to do something
As always, I reserve the right to add, delete, change any or all of these goals as I deem necessary.