my first date

Damn, I'm the best first date I've ever been on! I liked my first date with myself so much that I think I'll do it again. Where does a girl take herself on a first date?

The Leonardo's Mummies of the World  exhibit....and I paid full price!

Vote: Do I need a selfie stick?


The exhibit was great! I splurged and also got the audio tour and I'll always do that from now on! It repeats some of the printed information on the displays, but it also gives so much more information! The exhibit was nearly empty (much different than when I went to the Dead Sea Scrolls exhibit on the weekend).....having the place nearly to myself would be worth a day of annual leave for me! There is no photography allowed in the exhibit, out of respect for the deceased as well as preserving the exhibit for years to come. I highly recommend Mummies!

I was actually in Salt Lake to visit the University of Utah travel clinic to get caught up on shots and prescriptions before leaving for Peru, Ecuador and Galapagos Islands, but since I was in the big town I thought I could get caught up on some errands and take myself out! I got my skis a hot wax and ran to REI to pick up a few things after going to the travel clinic where I got my typhoid pills and found out that I didn't need a rabies shot! yippee!

I also ate (for the second time) at Red Butte Cafe....lunch special of lamb, yam and avacado tacos with pickled jalapenos and blackbean coleslaw. Delicious!



Overall, I give the first date 2 thumbs up....there shall be a second!

Comments

  1. I love everything about this!! Good for you! And that food looks phenomenal.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Oh How Pinteresting - yard ideas

WILW: laugh 'til it hurts

Painting with a twist