So, one day I woke up...somewhere after January 1 when all of our goals should be known and saw this list on another blog that I subscribe to, Fat Mum Slim. And while I don't gather that she was the author either, I knew these 16 things were what I want to accomplish in the year 2016. While its a "generic" list, its meaning will be a little different for all who set out to accomplish 16 in 2016.
1. GET A HOBBY - Let's be honest, I can't really afford many more hobbies. The upside of having alot of hobbies, there is always room to devote more time and attention to said hobbies. In 2016 I will:
- take 3 mountain bike trips
- take 2 golf trips
- hike the ancient Inca Trail to Machu Picchu in Peru
- stand in both the southern and northern hemispheres at the same time in Equador
- get 12 massages to maintain physical and mental health
- complete the Hammer & Chisel program
- get to my new goal weight
- take time for myself and complete 4 books with my girlfriends in the Bucketlist Book Club
- plan at least one weekend getaway....key word being plan, I tend to go and plan along the way.
- complete at least 2 Pinterest pins
- find a new "Jen" song
- meet a quarterly savings goal for 4 quarters
- focus on being a strong supervisor and providing the training and guidance to developing new employees while maintaining to improving the service that we provide to participating customers.
- join Sweetwater Mountain Biking Association
- join Co-ed volleyball team
- make a conscious effort to schedule dates with other people at least once a month
- take some me time and take myself somewhere at least once a month. Don't worry, I won't tell you what I talk about with myself.
- donate to a special cause and special people to help fullfill their dream
- adopt a kid from the Tree of Sharing
- adopt a senior from the Tree of Sharing
- write a blog each month about something in my life that I am grateful for.
- donate to Salvation Army, Western State College Foundation, Dr. Ward's scholarship and Dave Grimes Memorial Fund.
- do what's best for me
- say NO when I need to or when I do not want to do something
As always, I reserve the right to add, delete, change any or all of these goals as I deem necessary.