my really big news: the 7 month countdown


No, I'm not engaged and I'm not having a tiny human.

Military Friend is adventurous, always up for something fun and this one might just take the cake. This is how it all went down.....

Military Friend: We need to do something really fun for a bucket list item!
Me: like ride a hot air balloon?
Military Friend: I've already done that I was thinking more along the lines of hiking a really big mountain
Me: (remembering the time she talked me into running a half marathon...as in 13.1 miles) How big of mountain are we talking about here and where?
Military Friend: How about Peru?
Me: I'd better research this......(later) so like Ancient Inca Trail to Machu Picchu big mountain?
Military Friend: Yep!
Me: I'm in!

And so we started planning and its officially booked. We are headed south in May of 2016 to hike the ancient Inca Trail to Machu Picchu to be followed up by a hiking/snorkeling cruise in the Galapagos Islands. I may will not be going on vacation for quite some time after this one, but its going to be the trip of a lifetime and I can't help but wish away a little of my life so that May will be here!

Once one decides to book a vacation like this, naturally the first place to go to check out exactly what one should expect? Pinterest!
Truly amazing place.  Am so lucky to have been able to travel to it!  And none of that getting the bus up.  The 3 day hike of the Inca Trail makes you feel you really deserve it!
Machu Picchu, Peru


One of the coolest place I have ever been to in my life. If you ever get the chance, GO!! -(Galapagos Islands)
Galapagos Islands, Equador

And I should also say some of the other things I've been researching....like how little of "stuff" I'm allowed to take, vaccinations that I need to get....rabies, yep that is one that I'm supposed to get along with Hepatitis A, Typhoid and Malaria....anyone want to join our convoy?

And let the countdown begin!

Comments

  1. Ahh!! SO jealous! This is going to be the absolute best trip! I've got a friend who has been to Machu Pichu if you have any questions, I can get you guys in touch!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Oh How Pinteresting - yard ideas

WILW: laugh 'til it hurts

it's a wrap: 2016 goals