resolution-ing in 2018[changes in latitude, changes in attitude]





I just wanna go on more adventures.
Connect with good people.
Learn new positive things.
Grow strong.

So it was a Tuesday and I was sitting at my desk with a pretty bleak outlook on the day, mainly because of the state of my to-do list. I was talking with an Oklahoman co-worker when he said...."They need CEDs in Puerto Rico to work on hurricane programs." Four hours later, yes four, I was tentatively signed up to go to Puerto Rico on a hurricane detail. So for future reference, the government can move quickly when they want to. 

Since those first four hours, planning has slowed quite a bit. I haven't received my temporary duty location, so I'm still not sure where I'll be headed, but I have dates....so its pretty official. 
I'm really looking forward to working in Puerto Rico and being able to help the agriculture community that was ravaged by Hurricane Maria last year. I've been warned that the work is long and hurried, but I'm hoping to sneak away and see some of Puerto Rico while I'm there and not just the touristy stuff! With 12  hour workdays, 6 days a week....I might need some vacation to recover when I get back, just so I can make sure to get some fun Puerto Rican sights taken in.

Stay tuned for reports from my Puerto Rican adventure!











Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Oh How Pinteresting - yard ideas

WILW: laugh 'til it hurts

Painting with a twist