grateful 4 employment



While the energy industry is falling down around me, I realize how lucky I am to have the job that I do. For those of you who do not know, I work for the US Department of Agriculture - Farm Service Agency. I run the County Office for Farm Service Agency that serves around 11.5 million acres in southwest Wyoming, Sweetwater, Sublette and Uinta counties. Our office consists of myself, 2 full-time program technicians and a part-time program technician.

Through work I have the opportunity to build relationships with ranchers and ultimately walk away with several that I can honestly call friend. I've sat in nursing homes, I've  said goodbye to old ranchers who were dying in their living rooms, I've watched trucks pull way with generations of range sheep herds on the way to their new owners, I've spent hours on horseback, in the side by side, walking fences, branding and searching for sheep lost on the desert,   I've laughed and cried with co-workers, I've made friends across the U.S, I've learned about different types of agriculture, I've learned about wild horses, BLM and Forest Service, I've learned about government regulations.


I don't always like my job, but its the little things that I have to remember why I do what I do and why I love it most of the time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oh How Pinteresting - yard ideas

WILW: laugh 'til it hurts

Painting with a twist