[loving life] being thankful

4.

Be constantly on the lookout for things to be thankful for. The more you search for gratitude, the more you will realize how much goodness you already have in your life. From the tiny things, like a green traffic light, to the big things, like having a job you love – living every day with a mindset of gratitude is such an easy way to spend your life being happy with right now instead of always obsessing over what you want in the future.

Earlier this week someone asked me "What do you want to do ideally?" which of course translates into the dreaded "What do you want to be when you grow up?" or "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?" So I started thinking about what my perfect week would actually look like and here is what I came up with.

I want to go to work (I'll even keep the job I have because I like it most of the time) and help the agriculture industry. When I go home I want to ride my bike or ski and knock back a couple beers after that. I want to wake up to the sound of silence and drink coffee on the porch overlooking some cows (and baby goats). I want to wear hats more often than not. I want to travel some. I want simple. I want what some would call mediocre. I want a white picket fence.

So as I'm describing this perfect life, knowing its probably not attainable. I realized how thankful I am for a few small parts of the perfect world. I have a job that I like (most of the time) where I get to help those who feed and clothe us. I am healthy enough to ride my bike or ski anytime I want.....and I'm old enough to buy my own beers. I have ranchers that let me tag along anytime to look over their cows, sheep and baby goats while I sip coffee from my travel mug while wearing a hat. I have a best friend that loves to travel more than me and is always down for an adventure. While there is no white picket fence, I'm smart enough to know I'd have to keep that thing painted, so maybe I really don't want one after all.

At times I feel my life is anything but simple and mediocre, but its a good life and for all these little things that I can twist to fit my perfect life image, I am thankful.



Giant bicycles. baby goats. 1/4 zip pullover jackets. Nordica powder skis. beer. star gazing. coffee. agriculture. grilled steaks. Tylie dog. 1972 Airstreams. oreo thins. southwest wyoming ranchers. sunsets. family. baseball hats. reading books. sweatpants. my health. washing machines that don't leak. aviator sunglasses. wide open spaces. good friends. smiling. project managers. place of work. jeans. campfires.

I love oreo thins alot.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oh How Pinteresting - yard ideas

Painting with a twist

it's a wrap: 2016 goals