What lies within {7 values}


When picking up the book "The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People"  I couldn't help but wonder about the effectiveness of the self-help self-discovery book. When I finally took time to set down and start reading, I made it all the way to page 2 of the FORWARD before I realized I'd better be taking some notes because this book was already speaking to me, calling me out on some of my worst fears, traits, etc.....call them what you want. Covey calls them "human challenges".

I want it now - people want things and they want them now. Looking for today results because competition is fierce; survival is at stake. How do we balance the need to meet today's demand with the need to invest in capabilities required for tomorrow's success?

Some of my favorite quotes:
"A thousand mile journey begins with the first step"
"borrowing strength builds weakness, it reinforces dependence on external factors"

What else is in here to bring my little feet back to earth?

Comments

  1. Oh geez, I'm terrible about this "I want it now" mentality. Not good!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Oh How Pinteresting - yard ideas

WILW: laugh 'til it hurts

Painting with a twist