my best friend's wedding

Well its hard to believe its been nearly a year since I packed my bags and headed to Florida for my best friend's wedding! I tacked on a few extra days to catch some sunshine and sights...I mean who would I be if I didn't do a little sightseeing???

Florida was beautiful and meeting up with old friends was great, and made some new friends along the way. Its always interesting to me, how we can have one thing common, ie. a mutual friend, and then we proceed to get along like long lost friends.

I flew into Orlando and got a rental car. I knew I didn't have time for everything, as usual, but I'm happy with my choices of entertainment.

I spent an entire day at Kennedy Space Center. I was there when it opened and I really didn't have enough time to take it all in. And I just did the things that were included with admission! My favorite attractions was the Atlantis museum, the bus tour to the launch pads and the Shuttle Experience. The shuttle experience is like a themepark ride that shows you want it would be like to take a shuttle into space.

I highly recommend Kennedy Space Center, just make sure to get there early so you have all day to EXPLORE.



Atlantis
The Airstream bus that took astronauts to the launch pad
Florida means swamps and swamps means gators right? So I absolutely had to take an airboat swamp tour! While it was a bit hard weather wise...a little chilly and receding flood water had the gator all mixed up, we did see some decent sized gators.



Back at the dock, I got to hold the "pet" gator. If you hold them behind their front legs without squeezing, they remain calm and don't try to squirm away. I passed the test. Gator wranger in flip flops. 


Then I picked up Megan's friend and headed to the wedding venue, which was absolutely gorgeous!




The wedding went wonderfully, the beach ceremony was beautiful and the reception and dancing was magical. I couldn't be more happy for my best friend and so, so thankful that I could share her big day with her. And they moved closer to Wyoming!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oh How Pinteresting - yard ideas

WILW: laugh 'til it hurts

Painting with a twist