Roaring into 2020


As its the week of the new year, I'm getting the new year, new you itch. I sat down to think about things that I want to accomplish this year, I was hit with thoughts of the same old boring crap. lose weight. save money. Same goals I have every year and that I usually fail at.

Maybe its time for a better plan to help me achieve instead of fail, I mean its not just a new year, its a new decade.

Lose 33 lbs
I was doing good, I wasn't where I should have been, but I hadn't gained any more weight through Thanksgiving and then December happened and I gained the American holiday 8 lbs. I'm starting out at my second highest weight ever. I'm sad, I'm angry, I'm disappointed with myself, but here we go again. And I'll be using this cute little chart to track my progress that I borrowed from the Nerd Bucket.
  • Maintain a consistent workout schedule that includes a minimum of 5 active days per week. More specifically, I'm aiming for a minimum of 3 days at the gym and 2 days of yoga.
  • Hit my macros a minimum of 6 days per week

Save an additional $5,000 in 2020
I'm *following* a savings plan from #teamdigit that is set up for those with biweekly paychecks. One minor adjustment that I will be making is crossing off an amount each paycheck instead of it being dictated a set amount for a specific paycheck. Wish me luck and may the odds be ever in my favor. Wish me lots of luck on this one, saving is not something I'm particularly good at.



Travel Wyoming
Its no secret that I love to travel and its also no secret that doing so can add up. While I'm looking to make some other big moves in my life in 2020, I don't want to lose my travel bug. My goal is to be more intentional about the travel in my home state. I'm not a native to Wyoming and there are so many great things located throughout the state that I'd like to see and do. My original goal was to have an entire year with no travel outside the state of Wyoming, I simply don't think its feasible. That being said, I'd like to focus my travel in Wyoming (and potentially saving some money while seeing the Cowboy State).
  • Teton - Teton National Park, Yellowstone National Park, Mormon Row, National Elk Refuge Sleigh ride
  • Lincoln - Fossil Butte National Monument, Intermittent Spring, overnight pack trip
  • Uinta - Fort Bridger, Rendezvous
  • Park - Buffalo Bill Museum/Wyoming Women exhibit, Chief Joseph Highway
  • Hot Springs - Hot Springs State Park
  • Fremont - Jeffery City, Wind River Reservation Pow-wow, Big Horn Sheep Museum
  • Sublette - Green River Lakes, drive through Roosevelt Fire scar
  • Sweetwater - Fish the Green River
  • Big Horn - Big Horn Medicine Wheel, Turkey hunt
  • Washakie - Ten Sleep
  • Sheridan - Sheridan Rodeo, King Saddlery Museum, Mint Bar, High Cloud Peak Wilderness
  • Johnson - Johnson County War/Hoofprints of the Past Museum, Chris LeDoux statue in Kaycee
  • Natrona - Casper National Historic Trails Interpretive Center, Hell's Half Acre, Independence Rock, Martin's Cove (Mormon Handcarts)
  • Carbon - WY Frontier Prison, Saratoga Hot Springs
  • Campbell - Durham Bison Ranch tour
  • Converse - Worlds Largest Jackalope
  • Albany - Camp/mountain bike at Curt Gowdy State Park, Lincoln Memorial, Hike or bike Laramie Peak
  • Crook - Devils Tower, Vore Buffalo Jump
  • Weston - Jewel Cave National Monument
  • Niobrara - Legend of the Rawhide
  • Platte -Camp/mountain bike Glendo State Park, Register Cliff Historic Site
  • Goshen - Ft. Laramie
  • Laramie - Cheyenne Big Boots photo tour, Historic Governor's Mansion, get a Bunk-Nut sandwich at the Bunkhouse on Happy Jack Rd
As you can see my list is not complete, so if you have a must do in Wyoming, please be sure to let me know!!!

Read 6 Books
I like to read, I read fast and sometimes I don't read at all. So this year, I'd like to read 6 books, totally doable if I just get started! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oh How Pinteresting - yard ideas

WILW: laugh 'til it hurts

Painting with a twist